Tuesday, March 20, 2012

SHOCKING NEW WITNESS TESTIMONY IN TRAYVON MARTIN CASE!

ABC News has just released a story that could certainly lead to a murder charge against George Zimmerman, the individual who killed Trayvon Martin. Attorneys for Martin's family released cell phone records to ABC News which prove that Martin was on the phone with his girlfriend moments before he was killed.

According to the young woman's statements, Martin told her that he was being followed by a strange man and that he was trying to escape. Her account, bolstered by phone records, disproves Zimmerman's "self-defense" argument -- which was already sketchy based on available witness statements and 911 calls. In fact, given the amount of effort that Zimmerman apparently made to capture Martin, prosecutors have a basis for charging him with first-degree murder.

Here is a clip from the ABC News article. Please read the entire article here.
ABC News was there exclusively as the 16-year-old girl told Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump about the last moments of the teenager's life.

"He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man," Martin's friend said. "I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run but he said he was not going to run."

Eventually he would run, said the girl, thinking that he'd managed to escape. But suddenly the strange man was back, cornering Martin.

"Trayvon said, 'What, are you following me for,' and the man said, 'What are you doing here.' Next thing I hear is somebody pushing, and somebody pushed Trayvon because the head set just fell. I called him again and he didn't answer the phone."
As I have previously argued, Zimmerman was the aggressor. Martin reasonably feared for his own safety. Zimmerman cannot assert self-defense under these circumstances. Prosecutors should charge him with first-degree murder.

The Sanford Police Department Has Lost All Credibility

This new development calls into question the thoroughness of the local police investigation and the credibility of the department. Bill Lee, the Chief of Police for Sanford, Florida, has consistently stated that no evidence could rebut Zimmerman's claim of self-defense. Yet, witness statements, 911 calls, and now phone records and additional witness statements provide ample evidence to establish that Zimmerman murdered Martin and that his self-defense claim is rubbish.

The FBI and Florida State Police have joined the investigation in this case. Once these agencies compile a record, Lee should resign, and the department should be placed under state control. It no longer has the credibility to serve the city.


For more analysis, see:

George Zimmerman, Killer of Trayvon Martin: The Man Who Would Be Cop


Sorry, Trayvon Martin: They Just Don't Like You


BREAKING NEWS in Trayvon Martin Case: Officer in the Case Has A Prior Record of Racial Controversy


BREAKING NEWS: Geraldo Rivera Says Hoodie Killed Trayvon Martin

video

4 comments:

Infidel753 said...

It certainly looks like an open-and-shut case. Thank goodness the feds and the national media got involved. The local police seem to think it's still 1950.

pws said...

What I don't understand is why the cops wouldn't take this great opportunity to get this deranged man off the streets? I mean, haven't they been annoyed by his constant 911 calls?

I mean, I've seen this type of guy show up in so many contexts, the neighborhood weirdo with delusions of cophood. Trust me, just about no one in that neighborhood is going to be sad to see him gone.

Joyce L. Arnold said...

As always, thanks for you excellent coverage and analysis, Darren.

Russ Knight said...

Wrong!

Real Time Analytics