Monday, August 10, 2009

Darren Hutchinson "Guest Blogging" on Salon.Com Aug. 13

Hello, readers. On Thursday, I'll will do some substitute-blogging for the vacationing (finally) Glenn Greenwald at Salon.Com. As you some of you already know, I really like Glenn's blog, so I am very excited by this opportunity.

We've arranged a team of guest-bloggers -- one for each day next week -- that is truly great and which will, I'm certain, provide much provocative and fulfilling commentary:

Monday, August 10 - Digby
Tuesday, August 11 - Pam Spaulding
Wednesday, August 12 - The Washington Independent's Daphne Eviatar
Thursday, August 13 - Law Professor Darren Hutchinson
Friday, August 14 - Marcy Wheeler


Please visit Salon.Com frequently - and especially on Thursday, August 13.

10 comments:

Stray Yellar Dawg? said...

Very exciting!

You deserve the opportunity, too, my friend. I am sure they will not be disappointed.

SYD

Darren Lenard Hutchinson said...

Thanks. The blogging adventure has certainly been a rollercoaster. Thanks for being a supporter. FYI: I left you a note on your blog last week. Glad to see things went fine.

andgarden said...

Congrats. You have a good voice for this.

Nell said...

Darren, my apologies for leaking the big news yesterday. I'm looking forward to reading your commentary there, and I agree you have earned the honor.

Alessandro Machi said...

Congratulations, just make sure anybody who has ever read your blog agrees with your salon.com article. (ha ha).

http://www.dailypuma.com

Darren Lenard Hutchinson said...

Good one, Alessandro! I don't think we'll have complete agreement, but that's what keeps it interesting.....

Darren Lenard Hutchinson said...

Nell: No problem. You actually reminded me that it was ok to announce it. I figured, once Glenn did, so could I.

Anonymous said...

Darren,
I just posted a comment on your "Palin thinks Ferraro best V-P" column and, incredibly, without even having read this particular post of yours re your "guest" column for Glenn Greenwald at Salon.com, I telepathically commented that you and Glenn and Joan Walsh were some of the very precious and few *true* journalists around! Guess we have to postpone that I.F. Stone seance, eh?!
Keep up the effort to rehabilitate the Fourth Estate's wayward reason d'etre!
Thanks for your inspiring comments; and can't wait to see your column at Salon.com. You truly belong there.
Regards and never stop being journalism's probation officer! We need to clone you!...
-mary

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Hutchinson: This is a break for you, and SALON will be getting a fine replacement for Glenn Greenwald, fully up to Greenwald's caliber. Congratulations.

Sincerely yours,
Gregory Koster

Darren Lenard Hutchinson said...

Anonymous: Thanks! Telepathic communication is very cool.

Real Time Analytics