Saturday, October 25, 2008

Will Wonders Ever Cease! Bill Clinton and Barack Obama on the Campaign Circuit

ABC News is reporting that a Democratic presidential campaign event featuring Bill Clinton and Barack Obama will take place tonight in Florida (see this link). Apparently, I am the only person (or irreverent liberal lawyer in DC who does not want to work in a newly ensconced Democratic regime) in the blog world who wants to poke fun at the pure politics behind Obama campaigning with the Clintons after his supporters, surrogates and the media lambasted them as racist, divisive, wanting Obama assassinated, blah, blah -- and the Clintons campaigning with someone they deemed an inexperienced upstart. I wrote a sarcastic blog entry on this earlier. Check it out if you like.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't see how so-called progressives can vote for a man who is now pro-death penalty, pro-FISA, anti-affirmative action, anti-gun control, without believing he doesn't really mean it. But if he doesn't mean it, and has just said it to outmaneuver McCain, then he's all about politics not hope and change. If he does mean it, God help us. I see you write on GLBT issues. I do not understand GLBT who support Obama when he has a clandestine campaign known as the Family Faith and Values Tour that is propping up Prop 8. When I tell them, they shrug. I know Republicans don't want gay civil rights, but they say it right out in the open. I guess Bill Clinton is not a r@cist any more because he has groveled to the One. We need to start assigning Max Weber as required reading again.

democraticjack said...

I have no clue as to why anyone would be surprised at politicians acting like politicians. I don't believe in Santa Claus or the tooth fairy either. We really need to get a grip and deal with the nation's problems and the means with which to deal with them.
Sniping at the candidates this late in the game serves no one, in my less than humble opinion.

Darren Lenard Hutchinson said...

Democratic Jack - I am not suprised by this. I have been majking this point for some time now. I have always argued that all candidates are "political," but that's not the rhetoric that we heard during the Democratic primaries.

Finally, it is not "late" and certainly not "too late" to engage in critique. In fact, I think it is early. The winner will have a four-year term at least. If it's too late to challenge them now, then we're headed for another Bush administration.

Real Time Analytics